First Citizens BancShares Ranked 4th Best Bank In Nation By Forbes
RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Citizens BancShares, Inc. (Nasdaq:FCNCA) has been recognized by Forbes as one of the best financial companies in the nation. BancShares ranked fourth in the United States among the 100 largest banks and thrifts, according to Forbes. BancShares' main subsidiary is First Citizens Bank. First Citizens Bank and its IronStone Bank division operate 435 offices in 17 states and the District of Columbia.
"This high ranking recognizes the success of First Citizens' consistent and disciplined approach to banking, our ongoing focus on financial soundness and a strong commitment to our clients — attributes that have been cornerstones of our company for more than a century," said BancShares Chairman and CEO Frank B. Holding Jr. "It is also a compliment to our hard-working, dedicated associates who understand that stewardship of our clients' money is a top priority."
Forbes' rankings were based on research by SNL Financial, which used eight financial criteria to assess the 100 largest banks and thrifts:
- Return on average equity
- Net interest margin
- Nonperforming loans (NPLs) as a percentage of loans
- Nonperforming assets as a percentage of assets
- Reserves as a percentage of NPLs
- Two capital ratios (Tier 1 and risk-based)
- Leverage ratio
CONTACT: Barbara Thompson First Citizens BancShares (919) 716-2716
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV