NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's been a busy, worrisome couple of days for Apple (AAPL) investors, whose reaction to the news of Steve Jobs' second medical leave saw Apple's share price fall as much as 4.6% early in the morning Tuesday.
However, the consumer electronics giant served up a big beat, reporting earnings per share of $6.43 on sales of $26.74 billion, vs. estimates of $5.38 EPS on revenue of $24.38 billion.
IBM (IBM) also beat estimates, reporting EPS of $4.18 on $29 billion, vs. estimates of $4.08 EPS on $28.26 billion in quarterly revenue.Tune in to TheStreet, where we'll post the numbers as they cross the wire in a live blog and report the conference calls. Please feel free to comment and ask us questions. RELATED ARTICLES:
>To follow the team on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_Tech. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV