Fastenal Company Reports 2010 Fourth Quarter And Annual Earnings
Our original goal under the 'pathway to profit' was to increase the sales of our average store to approximately $125,000 per month (see earlier discussion). This will shift the store mix emphasis from the first three categories ($0 to $30,000, $30,001 to $60,000, and $60,001 to $100,000) to the last three categories ($60,001 to $100,000, $100,001 to $150,000, and over $150,000), and we believe will allow us to leverage our fixed cost and increase our overall productivity. Our goal today is to continue (1) to grow the business and (2) to grow our pre-tax earnings as a percent of net sales. As stated earlier, we now believe, based on the profitability improvements noted in the previous table, that we can hit our pre-tax earnings percent goal of 23% before the sales of our average store hits $125,000 per month.
Note – Dollar amounts in this section are presented in whole dollars, not thousands.
STATEMENT OF EARNINGS INFORMATION (percentage of net sales) for the years ended December 31:
|Operating and administrative expenses||32.8%||35.6%||33.6%|
|Loss (gain) on sale of property and equipment||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%|
|Earnings before income taxes||19.1%||15.4%||19.2%|
Note – Amounts may not foot due to rounding difference.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV