This Day On The Street
Continue to site
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Fastenal Company Reports 2010 Fourth Quarter And Annual Earnings

Store Size and Profitability – The store groups listed in the table below, when combined with our strategic account stores, represented approximately 88%, 87%, and 88% of our sales in the fourth quarter of 2010, 2009, and 2008, respectively.  Strategic account stores are stores that are focused on selling to a group of strategic account customers in a limited geographic market. Our remaining sales (approximately 12%, 13%, and 12%, respectively) relate to either: (1) our in-plant locations, (2) our direct Fastenal Cold Heading business (including our Holo-Krome business acquired in December 2009), or (3) our direct import business. Our average store had sales of $67,600, $58,100, and $70,200 per month in the fourth quarter of 2010, 2009, and 2008, respectively. This average amount was $71,600 per month in the first quarter of 2007 (the last completed quarter before we began the 'pathway to profit'). The average age, number of stores, and pre-tax earnings data by store size for the fourth quarter of 2010, 2009, and 2008, respectively, were as follows:

         
Sales per Month Average Age (Years) Number of Stores Percentage of Stores Pre-Tax Earnings Percentage
Three months ended December 31, 2010
         
$0 to $30,000 3.8 467 18.8% -13.2%
$30,001 to $60,000 6.8 967 38.8% 12.7%
$60,001 to $100,000 9.6 582 23.4% 21.9%
$100,001 to $150,000 12.1 279 11.2% 25.2%
Over $150,000 15.0 156 6.3% 26.8%
Strategic Account Store   39 1.6%  
Company Total   2,490 100.0% 18.7%
Three months ended December 31, 2009
         
$0 to $30,000 3.9 620 26.2% -16.2%
$30,001 to $60,000 6.8 931 39.3% 10.0%
$60,001 to $100,000 9.3 516 21.8% 20.0%
$100,001 to $150,000 13.0 176 7.4% 23.8%
Over $150,000 15.5 99 4.2% 25.0%
Strategic Account Store   27 1.1%  
Company Total   2,369 100.0% 15.0%
Three months ended December 31, 2008
         
$0 to $30,000 2.7 498 21.5% -23.9%
$30,001 to $60,000 5.3 797 34.5% 9.9%
$60,001 to $100,000 8.0 539 23.3% 20.9%
$100,001 to $150,000 10.2 286 12.4% 25.9%
Over $150,000 14.1 171 7.4% 27.4%
Strategic Account Store   20 0.9%  
Company Total   2,311 100.0% 18.3%
         

Note – Amounts may not foot due to rounding difference.

7 of 14

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,751.39 +121.12 0.69%
S&P 500 2,108.57 +15.32 0.73%
NASDAQ 5,111.7330 +22.5270 0.44%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs