Fastenal Company Reports 2010 Fourth Quarter And Annual Earnings
WINONA, Minn., Jan. 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Fastenal Company of Winona, MN (Nasdaq:FAST) reported the results of the quarter and year ended December 31, 2010. Except for per share information, or as otherwise noted below, dollar amounts are in thousands.
Net sales, pre-tax earnings, net earnings, and earnings per share were as follows for the periods ended December 31:
|Twelve-month Period||Three-month Period|
|Basic and diluted earnings per share||$1.80||1.24||45.2%||$0.44||0.30||46.7%|
During 2010, we opened 127 new stores (we opened 69 new stores in the same period of 2009). The 127 new stores represent an increase of 5.4% since December 31, 2009. (We had 2,369 stores on December 31, 2009.) Since June 30, 2010, we opened 82 stores (or an annualized run rate of 6.9%). There were 13,285 total employees as of December 31, 2010, an increase of 10.3% from the 12,045 total employees on December 31, 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV