China Stocks Rise Despite Controversy
Rick Pearson is a Beijing-based private investor focusing on U.S.-listed China small-cap stocks. He is a contributing writer to TheStreet whose views on these stocks are independent of TheStreet's news coverage.
BEIJING (TheStreet) -- You'd think China small-cap stocks would have cratered in the wake of news that the Securities and Exchange Commission is probing alleged China stock fraud, intense media criticism of China stocks and increased short-selling attacks.
As shown below, U.S.-listed China small-caps have actually risen over the past month despite all these headwinds.That doesn't mean investors should think everything's OK with these stocks and that they can blithely hop back into them. China small-caps are obviously a much riskier sector in which to invest now, and investors need to use a very high level of due diligence in this space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV