NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) McNeil Consumer Healthcare division is recalling certain lots of Tylenol 8 Hour, Tylenol Arthritis Pain and Tylenol upper respiratory products as a precautionary measure.
J&J said the recall is part of a review of past production where instances of inefficient equipment cleaning was found.
J&J is also recalling certain lots of Benadryl, Sudafed and Sinutab products for the same reason, all at the wholesale level, and said this doesn't require action by consumers.The products were distributed in the U.S., the Caribbean and Brazil and were made at the McNeil plant in Fort Washington, Pa before Apr. 2010, when production at the facility was suspended pending investigations over the unit's manufacturing practices and recalls.
McNeil said it's also recalling lots of Rolaids Multi-Symptom Berry Tablets, distributed in the U.S., in order to update the labeling. According to the company, the current labeling does not include the words, "does not meet USP." USP, or The United States Pharmacopeia, is a non-governmental testing method for medicines that is not required by FDA for the sale of medicines, J&J said. Shares of J&J were falling 0.2% to $62.40 shortly after the market open Tuesday.
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV