Cambrex Zenara Manufacturing Facility Receives European GMP Approval
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. and HYDERABAD, India, Jan. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cambrex Corporation (NYSE: CBM) announced today that the Danish Medicines Agency (DKMA) has issued a Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliance for its manufacturing site in Hyderabad, India, following an audit conducted in October 2010. The DKMA Certificate is accepted by all EU Health Authorities and by authorities of several other countries that recognize EU Certification.
Ashok Narasimhan, President of Cambrex Zenara, commented, "We are very pleased with the results of the DKMA inspection. This commercially important and significant milestone for Cambrex confirms our commitment to quality in every aspect of operations management and reflects our efforts to sustain and continuously improve quality platforms."
The DKMA certification allows Cambrex to expedite the European rollout of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products (chewing gums, lozenges and mini-lozenges), in addition to offering finished dosage forms of other pharmaceutical products to our European customers through an integrated value chain.
About CambrexCambrex Corporation is an innovative life sciences company that provides products, services and technologies to accelerate the development and commercialization of small molecule therapeutics. We offer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), advanced intermediates and enhanced drug delivery products for branded and generic pharmaceuticals. Our development and manufacturing capabilities include enzymatic biotransformations, high potency APIs, high energy chemical synthesis, controlled substances and formulation of finished dosage form products. For more information, please visit www.cambrex.com. SOURCE Cambrex Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV