Federal Communications Commission officials spent the weekend making last-minute revisions to the deal and could announce its approval as early as Tuesday, the Journal reports, citing people close to the negotiations. The Justice Department also wrapped up its review of the deal.
Comcast agreed to a variety of conditions such as providing more space on its cable systems for independently-owned channels and keeping NBC network programming on free over-the-air TV channels, the newspaper says.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV