NEW YORK (Karvy Global) -- North American Palladium (PAL), Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) and Stillwater Mining (SWC) headed the gainers' list last week, while Great Northern Iron Ore Properties (GNI), Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) and Mag Silver (MVG) were the top losers last week.
North American Palladium surged around 18.9% last week, hitting 52-week highs on Friday. Meanwhile, Stillwater Mining gained around 8.8%. Both stocks benefited from the rally in platinum and palladium, spot prices of which rose 4.6% and 3.7% during the week, respectively.
Cliffs Natural Resources touched 52-week highs, advancing around 9.2%. Cliffs acquired Canada-based Thompson Iron Mines for C$4.9 billion, in an all-cash deal last week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV