Brush Wellman Plans Price Increases After Feb. 1
MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) â¿¿ The alloy division of Brush Wellman Inc. will hike fabrication list prices on premium grades of copper alloy and copper beryllium alloy rod and wire products for orders placed after Feb. 1.
The Mayfield Heights, Ohio, company said the increases ranging from 5 percent to 8 percent are needed to offset health care inflation, rising energy costs and the escalation of raw material commodities.
Beryllium is a lightweight metal that is used in aerospace components, semiconductor chips, jet engine blades, transistors, nuclear reactors and nuclear weapons. It often is mixed with other metals to form an alloy.
Brush Wellman is a subsidiary of Brush Engineered Materials Inc. Brush Engineered Materials makes parts for the consumer electronics, aerospace, auto and other industrial markets.Shares of Brush Engineered Materials fell 11 cents to $35.64.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV