Iowa Receives $775,000 In Grants To Help Jobless
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) â¿¿ Iowa has received $775,000 in grants from the U.S. Department of Labor to help more than 100 workers who lost their jobs at companies in northeast Iowa.
Labor Secretary Hilda Solis says in a news release that the grants will help provide training and other services to the displaced workers.
The grants were awarded to Iowa Workforce Development and will be administered by Hawkeye Community College and the Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission.
The funds will help provide aid to employees affected by layoffs at Deco Products Company in Decorah; Gencor Industries Inc., in Marquette; Rockwell Automation Inc., in Sumner; TriMark Corporation in New Hampton; and Wilbert Inc., in Winthrop.The services will include development of re-employment plans and assistance with transportation and childcare.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV