Intel CEO Paul Otellini's conference call comments have been added to this story.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- Chip giant Intel (INTC) beat Wall Street's estimates with its fourth-quarter results and offered healthy guidance, vowing to continue its recent momentum into 2011.
The tech bellwether reported revenue of $11.5 billion, up from $10.6 billion in the same period last year and above analysts' consensus forecast of $11.37 billion.
Excluding items, Intel earned 59 cents a share, up from 55 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had predicted earnings of 53 cents a share.
|Intel recently launched its new Sandy Bridge chip.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV