An earlier version of 4 Green Stars story included an incorrect sales number for Toyota's Prius. The number has been corrected.
DETROIT ( TheStreet) -- Green cars took center stage at the press preview of the Detroit Auto Show this week.
General Motors (GM) had already rolled out the Volt with a massive publicity effort that included a national tour. At the show, GM CEO Dan Akerson told reporters: "The Volt will help us change how people think about Chevrolet."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV