Reports say that Wells Fargo upgraded the stock to outperform from market perform based on expectations that the company will top revenue and earnings growth estimates in the coming years, as sales, marketing and product investments bear fruit.
Shares of Hershey began to heat up late last week following an upgrade from Janney Capital, whose analysts described Hershey has "the clearest growth story in food."Gary Morrow of Yosemite Asset Management said before this, the stock had been hovering around its 200-day moving average for six weeks and trading in tight range for nine months. This, following a "powerful" breakout last April, owing to a solid first-quarter report and the raising of full-year guidance. Shares of Hershey have fallen about 3% over the last six months. On Thursday, shares of Hershey have risen 1.6% to $49.58 in late morning trading, as Kraft (KFT) inches up 0.1% to $31.54. Tootsie Roll Industries (TR) is down 0.4% to $28.87. >>Search for Highest Dividends by Rate or Yield
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV