Colo. Panel Upholds OK Of Mine Plan Near Ski Town
DENVER (AP) â¿¿ A conservation group has lost its challenge of a company's plan to look for molybdenum (ma-LIB'-de-nem) at an old mining site near Crested Butte.
Riverton, Wyo.-based U.S. Energy Corp. won state approval last year of a revised plan to build a mine tunnel at Mount Emmons. The Colorado Mined Land Reclamation Board voted 4-1 Wednesday to uphold the approval and reject an appeal from the High Country Citizens' Alliance.
The group's executive director Dan Morse says the High Country Citizens' Alliance still has concerns about water quality for Crested Butte.But U.S. Energy Corp. CEO Keith Larsen says mining today is different from the past, and new environmental and safety regulations will keep operations safe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV