Avalon Holdings Corporation Chief Executive Officer Resigns
WARREN, Ohio, Jan. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Avalon Holdings Corporation (NYSE Amex: AWX) Ronald E. Klingle, Chairman of the Board of Avalon Holdings Corporation ("Avalon") today announced the resignation of Steven M. Berry as director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Avalon Holdings Corporation effective February 15, 2011.
Mr. Berry stated, "I am resigning to pursue other career opportunities and want to thank Ron for the opportunities provided me and wish Avalon continued success."
In conjunction with this announcement, the Board of Directors appointed Mr. Ronald E. Klingle as Chief Executive Officer to replace Mr. Berry upon his resignation.
Avalon Holdings Corporation provides waste management services to industrial, commercial, municipal, and governmental customers primarily in selected northeastern and midwestern markets. The company's waste management services include hazardous and non-hazardous waste brokerage and management, and captive landfill management services. Avalon also operates golf courses and related facilities. Its golf courses and related facilities comprise the operation and management of golf courses, fitness centers, dining, and banquet facilities, as well as a travel agency.SOURCE Avalon Holdings Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV