How soon might Axcelis attempt another run? If you look at the daily chart, it could come at any time.
On this time frame, you can see how the stock keeps building out floor after floor on the way up. A stair-stepped rise is always preferable from a longer term trading perspective. Stair-stepped gains can be maintained and expanded upon over time without huge whipsaw pullbacks. So far, this is what Axcelis keeps giving shareholders.
Given that the stock has been building out the current floor for five weeks now, a breakout of the current trading floor could come at any time. Yesterday, volume expanded once more as the stock pushed higher. I continue to add to my existing position on dips as a result.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV