Nestle (NSRGY) recalled its Lean Cuisine Dinnertime Selects Chicken Fettuccini because of allergy concerns and mislabeling, according to an Oct. 10 U.S. Food and Drug Administration report.
Nestle said that a small quantity -- less than 200 packages -- of LEAN CUISINE Dinnertime Selects Lemon Garlic Shrimp product was inadvertently placed into packaging for LEAN CUISINE Dinnertime Selects Chicken Fettuccini and possibly shipped to grocers in Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Oregon and Washington State.
Four consumers who purchased the mislabeled product alerted Nestle to the issue.The recalled product bore UPC code 13800-14880, was marked with a production code of 1253595911G and had a "best before" date of October 2012. No illnesses or allergic reactions had been reported, however shrimp is an allergen and Nestlé strongly advised consumers who are allergic to shellfish and who have purchased the recalled product not to consume it to avoid the possibility of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction. Consumers may contact Nestle at 1-800-542-6935 for a full refund of the product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV