2011 Consumer Recall Alerts
B.O.B. single and double jogging strollers were recalled because of a choking hazard, according to an Oct. 11 U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission report.
Around 411,700 strollers were recalled in the U.S., plus another 27,000 in Canada, adding to the 357,000 strollers that were previously recalled in February of this year due to strangulation hazard posed by canopy drawstrings.
Boise, Idaho-based B.O.B. Trailers, the importer of the recalled products, said the stroller canopy's embroidered logo's backing patch can detach, posing a choking hazard to babies and young children.B.O.B. has received six reports of children mouthing the detached patch. Gagging and choking were reported in two incidents. The backing was removed from the children's mouth without injury. In each of the reported incidents, the children were seated in an infant car seat attached to the stroller. Manufactured in Taiwan and China, the recalled strollers were manufactured between November 1998 and November 2010. They were sold at REI, Babies R' Us and other children's product and sporting goods stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com (AMZN) between November 1998 and October 2011 for between $280 and $600. Consumers were told to immediately stop using the recalled strollers until they remove the embroidery backing patch from the interior of the canopy's logo. Consumers may also contact B.O.B. Trailers at 855-242-2245 for instructions on removing the backing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV