CooperVision recalled hundreds of thousands of Avaira Toric contact lenses, according to Oct. 13 reports, the eye care company's second recall announcement in two months.
The latest recall involved 600,000 contact lenses that entered the U.S. market, though more than 8 million were said to have been affected by the problem.
The recall was instituted because wearers complained of pain, red eyes, and blurry vision. MSNBC reported that some people wearing the Avaira Toric contact lenses necessitated visits to the emergency room because they were in such excruciating pain.Wearers' symptoms were caused by a residue on the lenses, which resulted from a manufacturing problem. CooperVision said it "has fully cooperated with the FDA and continues to closely monitor the situation." It notified customers, and told eye care practitioners to inform their patients about the recall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV