Kroger (KR) recalled its Private Selection Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream because of an undeclared peanut allergen in the ingredients, according to Oct. 13 reports.
Kroger recalled the ice cream sold in at least 10 states because it may contain peanuts, an ingredient not listed on the label.
People with peanut sensitivities or allergies to nut products may be at risk for serious or even life-threatening allergic reactions if they eat the product. More than three million Americans suffer from peanut and/or nut allergies, according to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.The recall involved only 16-ounce pints of the ice cream with a sell-by date of June 18, 2012 and UPC code 11110 52909. The ice cream was sold at Kroger stores in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina and Tennessee. It was also sold at Kroger's Jay C, Food 4 Less, Owen's, Pay Less and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana. Customers who bought the recalled product were told to return it to supermarkets for a refund or replacement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV