Kraft Foods (KFT) recalled several varieties of Velveeta Shells & Cheese Microwaveable Cups due to the possible presence of small, thin wire bristle pieces, according to a Sept. 30 U.S. FDA report.
The following products were recalled: Velveeta Shells & Cheese Original Microwaveable Cups with UPC code 2100002322; Velveeta Shells & Cheese Original Four Pack Microwaveable Cups with UPC code 2100002339; Velveeta Shells & Cheese Made with 2% Milk Microwaveable Cups with UPC code 2100002323; Velveeta Shells & Cheese Made with 2% Milk Four Pack Microwaveable Cups with UPC code 2100002946; and Velveeta Rotini & Cheese Broccoli Microwaveable Cups with UPC code 2100002318.
Limited "best when used by dates" were involved in the recall. A complete list can be viewed here.There were no reports of consumer injuries or complaints, and Kraft Foods said it was issuing the voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution. Around 137,000 cases of the affected products were shipped to customers across the U.S., though none were distributed in Canada. Consumers who purchased affected "best when used by" dates of these products were told not to eat them. They should return them to the store of purchase for an exchange or full refund. Consumers also can contact Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 1-800-308-1841.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV