PALL and PPLT should continue to see strength amidst the auto industry's continued recovery as well. Platinum and palladium are essential components in the production of catalytic converters and will benefit as general demand for cars increases in both the developed and emerging worlds.
LIT, PPLT and PALL may provide adequate proxy exposure to autos. However, investors looking for a diversified way to access equities related to cars should turn to the Fidelity Select Automotive Fund (FSAVX).
Whereas, in the past, FSAVX offered a unique take on the auto industry, exposing investors to a basket of companies primarily involved in the supply business, the fund's manager recently has ramped up the FSAVX's exposure to top domestic and international car manufacturers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV