(Lithium battery makers 2011 forecast article updated with earnings update from Johnson Controls)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- According to a poll on current views of the outperforming lithium battery stocks of last year, users of TheStreet remain particularly bullish about Valence (VLNC) in 2011.
At the end of 2010, we asked investors, "Which of the 2010 top-performing lithium battery stocks are you still bullish on for 2011?"
The greatest proportion of respondents, 32.3%, said they were most bullish on Valence. Trailing Valence was Johnson Controls (JCI), which garnered 28.3% of the votes.
Polypore (PPO) received 21.2% of the votes, and Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile (SQM) received 11.5% of them. Canada-based Electrovaya picked up 6.7% of the votes. Now, in a recent 8K filing, Valence says it has entered a loan amendment agreement with lender iStar Tara regarding an original $20 million loan that was extended to the former on Jul. 13, 2005. Under the agreement, the maturity date of the loan has been extended to Mar. 10, 2012 from Feb. 13, 2011. The outstanding principal balance on the loan was $14 million as of Jan. 11, 2011. Also under the agreement, the company will continue to make monthly principal payments of $1 million. In addition, Valence issued a warrant to iStar to purchase up to 100,000 shares of the company's common stock at an exercise price of $1.45 per share on or before Jan. 11, 2014, in connection with the agreement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV