NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sinclair Broadcasting Group (SBGI) shares are climbing today after the company announced that it has extended its affiliation agreements with News Corporation's (NWSA) Fox Networks through Dec. 31, 2012.
The company's previous outsourcing agreement had been due to expire on March 31, 2012.
The programming licensing agreement with Fox allows Sinclair to enter into retransmission consent agreements with distributors.
Sinclair operates of 20 Fox-affiliated TV stations across the nation while its entire television group reaches approximately 22% of U.S. television households.Meanwhile, Sinclair and Time Warner Cable (TWC) still remain in a retransmission deal stalemate. The companies avoided a blackout on Jan. 1 by extending their agreement by two weeks. Negotiations continue under the deal extension which ends on Jan. 14. If Sinclair pulls its stations, it would impact about 4 million Time Warner customers, the Associated Press said. Sinclair shares are gaining more than 1.8% today to $8.30. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV