Did it snow in Portugal, or was their bond auction just a snow job? Bill Gross opined that recent eurozone bond sales aren't auctions but prearranged sales with much put back to the ECB.
In short, the ongoing micro-managed market by global central banks continues, cheered on by talking heads and with little volume.
Agricultural commodities rallied on bullish crop reports and oil rallied sharply. (No worries about this since food and energy are just not in the inflation data. Whew!)Other commodities rallied as well and the dollar fell with Portugal's bond sale. Wells Fargo raised its recommendation on its own bank group suggesting more dividends in store. (It's becoming too easy to make this stuff up!) The Fed Beige Book reported continuing growth that was "encouraging" despite a depressed housing market and noting producers are paying much more for materials. The latter will be inflationary, but like most things, worried about down the road. Sure, the snow storm forced many in the east to stay home but we're all connected now aren't we? Anyway volume was again holiday light while breadth per the WSJ was quite positive. Continue to U.S. Sectors, Stocks & Bonds
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV