NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The American manufacturing renaissance has arrived," Jim Cramer told a live audience of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday, as he kicked off his "Invest In America" series by traveling to Dearborn, Mich. to the Ford (F) F-150 truck plant.
Cramer said the bears and naysayers have been wrong about a lot of things recently. They were wrong about Portugal earlier this week and they've been wrong on the bank stocks, he said, and they're wrong on the outlook for American manufacturing.Cramer said gone are the days where America doesn't make anything, or at least nothing worth while. America, he said, is once again dominating in areas it had previously lost. Case in point, Ford. Cramer said Ford's stock is up 1,385% from its bottom, and the Ford F-150 pickup truck, now the best selling truck in the world, is proof positive that America matters. But Ford is not America's only success story, said Cramer. Stocks like John Deere (DE), Caterpillar (CAT) and even Apple (AAPL), all stocks which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS are roaring higher along with Ford. The list also includes great manufacturers like Honeywell (HON) and 3M (MMM). Cramer said he expects the Dow Jones Industrial Average to rise by 14% in 2011, thanks to these great America icons of manufacturing. "Don't get left behind," said Cramer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV