NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- AvalonBay Communities (AVB) shares jumped Wednesday morning while Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT) edged slightly lower after analysts at Goldman Sachs (AVB) offered mixed broker action on the real estate stocks.
Goldman analyst Steven Kent downgraded shares of Starwood to a buy rating, removing the hotel operator from its prestigious conviction buy list.
Kent cited Starwood's valuation, pointing out that its stock has appreciated more than 60% from a year ago.
Starwood shares were 0.5% lower at $60.24.Goldman analyst Jonathan Habermann issued an upgrade on AvalonBay shares to buy from neutral.
(HCP) to neutral from buy, maintaining a $33 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV