OMA Reports Passenger Traffic Increase Of 1.8% In December And A 0.6% Increase For The Full Year 2010
MONTERREY, Mexico, Jan. 12, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), reports that terminal passenger traffic at its 13 airports increased 1.8% in December 2010, as compared to December 2009. Domestic traffic increased 0.5%, and international traffic increased 8.0%. For the full year 2010, terminal passenger traffic increased 0.6% to 11.6 million passengers, with domestic traffic decreasing 0.5% and international traffic increasing 6.7%.
For the full year 2010, the airports with the largest passenger traffic increases were Monterrey, up 180,517, or 3.5%, and Chihuahua, up 82,958, or 11.1%. Airlines other than the three airlines of Grupo Mexicana increased traffic by 749,767 passengers during 2010, while the suspension of operations in August 2010 of Grupo Mexicana resulted in a reduction of 680,367 passengers. Victor Bravo, the CEO of OMA, noted, "While 2010 continued to be a difficult year for the air transport industry, OMA recorded a slight increase in full year passenger traffic as compared to 2009. The recent trends give us a positive outlook for passenger traffic in 2011."
Of total December traffic, 96.2% was commercial aviation, and 3.8% was general aviation. For the full year, the mix was 96.8% commercial aviation and 3.2% general aviation.
|Dec-09||Dec-10||Change %||Jan-Dec 2009||Jan-Dec 2010||Change %|
|* Terminal passengers: includes passengers on the three types of aviation (commercial, charter, and general aviation), and excludes passengers in transit.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV