ITT plans to spin off to shareholders its water-related businesses and its defense & information solutions segment. The remaining ITT, an industrial company, will continue to trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
ITT shareholders will own shares in all three companies following the separation, which is expected to be executed before the end of 2011.
Pro forma 2011 revenue for the future ITT is estimated at $2.1 billion. Revenue for the water technology business is estimated at $3.6 billion in 2011, while revenue for the defense operations is estimated at $5.8 billion, ITT said in a press release Wednesday.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
|TheStreet Tools * Ex-Dividend Date Calendar|
|* Top-Rated Stocks|
|* Highest-Yielding Stocks|
|* 2011 Earnings Calendar|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV