P/E Ratio: 1.67
Judging by the trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio, Excel Maritime stock is the cheapest in the sector. The company, along with DryShips, has been one of the more volatile names in the sector in its history as a public name. But Excel has been striving to pay down debt it took on after ill-timed ship acquisition back in 2008, on the cusp of the financial crisis.
Analysts are looking for Excel to report 17 cents a share for the fourth quarter, on revenue of $107 million. A year ago, the company earned 95 cents a share on revenue of $103 million. Analyst Ratings
The eight analysts covering Excel are evenly split. Half have strong buy ratings and the other half holds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV