P/E Ratio: 8.01
Praised for its conservatism and balance-sheet caution in an industry not otherwise known for such things, Diana Shipping has moved into the only sector of the broader maritime shipping industry that has performed well: container ships. After an even more disastrous run amid the financial crisis than either dry bulk or oil tankers, container shipping has rebounded strongly throughout 2010 as trade in finished goods around the globe has improved with the end of the recession. Diana plans to offer 80% of the container fleet later this month, on Jan. 18, to shareholders of record Jan. 3.
For fourth-quarter earnings, analysts expect Diana to post 41 cents a share. Revenue is forecast at about $70 million. A year ago, Diana earned 34 cents a share, on revenue of $57 million. Analyst Ratings
Diana is well liked by Wall Street. Of the 14 analysts covering the company, 12, or 86%, have strong buy ratings on the stock. Just two have hold ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV