P/E Ratio: 25.45
Is DryShips even a dry-bulk carrier? Some argue that it isn't, what with its push into the oil-rig business and its recent controversial acquisition of a dozen oil-tanker orders, allegedly unloaded onto DryShips by its CEO, George Economou, who controls a private fleet. (The company has denied the allegation.) DryShips promises to reward shareholders by spinning off the two fleets (rigs, tankers) into two separate companies. But tanker market fundamentals are abysmal, and the most-recent shipping IPOs have been duds.
DryShips hasn't set a date for its fourth-quarter earnings report. Wall Street analysts are targeting a bottom line of 25 cents a share on revenue of $220 million. That would mark improvement over the fourth period of 2009, when the company earned 19 cents a share, on revenue of $193 million. Analyst Ratings
Sentiment among the nine analysts covering DryShips is evenly split between bears and bulls. Four analyst rate the stock at the equivalent of strong buy and four at hold. One analyst, meanwhile, has a strong sell rating on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV