Disney Store Announces 2011 Multi-National Store Opening Slate
Disney Store continues to break ground with plans to unveil its innovative concept store in new North American and international markets. Building on the successful launch of its interactive and immersive stores in 2010, the international specialty retail chain is on target to add more than 25 new and remodeled locations in 2011 ultimately transforming all 350+ locations in countries around the world. Today at the National Retail Federation’s “Big Show” in New York City, Disney Store announced the first 11 North American and 10 European locations, and plans to reveal additional locations later this year. With a retail strategy focused on securing locations in premier mall and shopping centers, Disney Store is in prime position to deliver “the best 30 minutes of a child’s day” to the more than 85 million children, families and tourists who visit it each year.
“Guests told us that we brought the magic back to Disney Store with the launch of our new design and responded by staying in the stores longer and purchasing more,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “The future of Disney Store is brighter than ever as we expand our reach by opening in new markets, leverage the latest technology to enhance the guest experience and improve efficiency, showcase incredible new Disney content, and bring a magical Disney experience to local communities everywhere.”
In 2011, Disney Store will open newly designed stores in six new North American markets and in three new European countries:
- The first newly designed Disney Store in Georgia will open in Atlanta’s Perimeter Mall
- Guests in Washington will celebrate the opening of two Disney Store locations in Seattle’s Westfield Southcenter mall and at Bellevue Square
- Mall of America in Minnesota, the second largest mall in the United States, will open its first ever Disney Store
- For the first time in 10 years, Puerto Rico will have its very own Disney Store when an experiential new store opens at Plaza Las Americas this summer
- The first newly designed Disney Store in Canada will open in the remodeled Square One Mall in Mississauga, Ontario and Metropolis in Vancouver, British Columbia will also open an inaugural store.
- Additionally, Disney Store will open four remodeled stores at Westfield in Culver City, CA; Palisades shopping center in West Nyack, NY; Chandler Fashion Center in Arizona, and Northstar mall in San Antonio, Texas.
- Three new European countries will unveil a Disney Store for the very first time -- Copenhagen, Denmark, which will be the very first Disney Store in Scandinavia, Dublin in the Republic of Ireland and Antwerp in Belgium
- The new Disney Store location on Oxford Street in London is expected to be a top attraction for both tourists and local guests
- Bromley and Nottingham in the UK, Lyon in France, and Naples in Italy will be remodeled to the new design
- Two Spanish locations, Cadiz in the Southwest and Las Arenas on Gran Canaria, one of the Canary Islands, will also be remodeled locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV