2. FLIR Systems designs and manufactures thermal imaging systems and operates through divisions like thermography and commercial vision systems.
Revenue for the third quarter rose 16% to $333 million. Operating margins dipped, while net income was up 5% to $63 million.
Although FLIR derives about one-third of its revenue from the U.S., it is trying to diversify its revenue sources by gaining traction in other geographies. The company built an operation center in Riyadh during the third quarter, eyeing to capture a part of the proposed $60 billion arms deal announced between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia.
Based on third-quarter results, the outlook for revenue and earnings per share for 2010 has improved. Revenue and net earnings per share for 2010 are pegged at $1.375 billion to $1.4 billion and $1.53 to $1.56, respectively. Order backlog stands at $533 million, with delivery scheduled within the next 12 months. The stock is trading at 10 to 11 times its 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV