3. American Science and Engineering is a U.S.-based supplier of X-ray inspection and other detection solutions, with a global customer base.
The company reported revenue growth of 32% year over year to $80.1 million in the September quarter. Net income rose 37% to $14.7 million, ensuring earnings per share of $1.59 for the quarter.
Order backlog as of September 2010 rose 36% to $254 million. The company declared a cash dividend of 30 cents a share.Revenue and net income during the last two quarters grew 16% and 19%, respectively. Michael Kim, analyst at Imperial Capital, increased the estimates and valuation range for 2011 earnings after the September quarter. The stock is trading at five to six times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV