6. Lockheed Martin is a global defense company engaged in aeronautics, information and electronic systems.
Net sales were up 6% to $11.4 billion during the third quarter. The aeronautics segment, which contributes around 30% toward revenue, grew 10% year over year during the September quarter.
Following the earnings, Robert Stevens, Lockheed chairman and CEO, said, "In addition, we agreed with the government on price for the fourth production lot of F-35 aircraft, and we were notified that Israel signed a Letter of Offer and Acceptance for the procurement of the F-35 as the Israeli Air Force's next-generation fighter aircraft."
Joseph Nadol, analyst at JPMorgan, observed, "Earnings per share of $1.55 beat our estimate by 3 cents, including 2 cents from operations. Most of the upside was in electronics, and aeronautics and space EBIT were modestly above expectations as well. " Nadol pegs 2011 top-line growth at around 3.7% with an operating margin of 10.7%. The stock is trading at six to seven times its 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV