BEN AT WORK
Those that don't may be shunted to the side and quickly forgotten, but with volume still incredibly light, POMO has a greater impact certainly. Monday featured another $7.79 billion action which lifted stocks almost immediately off their lows. A coincidence? Hardly. This rally has been "Fed fed" since September as Ben has stated he "wants" higher stock prices. Fed governor Janet Yellen stated Monday in a speech she expects the $600 billion QE2 program to continue until June -- so print away!
Earnings are on tap and they could be great. Guidance and outlooks will be more important since no doubt all companies will "beat" and report "better than expected" reports.Markets are more U.S. focused then we've seen in awhile as troubles continue to plague the euro zone, economic issues linger in Asia and emerging markets in general. After the close, Alcoa reported earnings that beat on headline operating earnings but good luck wading through all the charges. Stocks were down sharply early and then came off their lows after POMO was announced and results posted. Also Yellen's speech continued to give a green light for bulls. Breadth was flat to mixed with tech outperforming. Continue to U.S. Sectors, Stocks & Bonds
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV