GE Capital, the financing arm of conglomerate
(GE) will hire 1,000 new employees in Chicago over the next three years, the
Chicago Tribune reported on May 23.
The newspaper said Mayor Rahm Emanuel made the announcement on Monday, during his first week in office.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Emanuel said GE Capital was expanding its operations in Chicago based on the growing local economy and the unit's presence in the West Loop area of Chicago.No city subsidies were offered, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV