(AMZN) expects to create 500 permanent and 400 temporary jobs in Scotland as it ramps up technical support for the Kindle,
Reuters reported on May 25.
The jobs are being created as the online retail giant opens a new customer service center in Edinburgh.
The facility will focus on providing technical support for the popular Kindle electronic reading device, but also handle customer inquiries, as Amazon increases its product offerings, Reuters reported. The facility is expected to be up and running in August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV