Automaker Honda (HMC) will create 1,000 jobs at its southeastern Indiana plant by the end of the year as it adds a second shift, the Associated Press reported on May 31.
Greensburg plant spokeswoman Anita Sipes says the additional shift will double its workforce, AP reported.
Honda has been looking to add a second shift since the plant opened in 2008, but the plan was put on hold due to the recession.The report says the additional shift will allow the Greensburg plant, which makes the Honda Civic sedan and the Honda Civic GX natural gas vehicles, to double production capacity to 200,000 vehicles a year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV