The General Dynamics' (GD) Pittsfield, Mass plant has hired more than 100 new employees in the last four months and plans to continue expanding its staff after winning a contract to help build Littoral Combat Ships for the U.S. Navy, CBS 6 reported on May 31.
The combat systems company foresees hiring another 400 employees for new high tech jobs over the next five years, says CBS 6.
The report said the company celebrated these new job additions on May 31 and that Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick was present for the event.Each combat ship will cost about $500 million to construct, the report said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV