Financial services firm Citigroup (C) wants to expand its Asia markets division by 150 positions this year, Reuters reported on May 31.
Citi is looking to hire more people in order to bolster its equity, commodity and foreign exchange businesses in the region, Reuters reported.
"Commodities is a space where we have not been punching our weight in Asia in the breadth and depth or products, but that is changing fast," Rodrigo Zorrilla, Citi's Asia Pacific head of Markets, told Reuters during an interview.Citi is planning to hire at about the same pace as in 2010, according to the report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV