Thunder Mountain Gold Drills High Grade Zinc And Confirms Extension Of Mineralization At Historic South Mountain Mine
ELKO, Nev. and BOISE, Idaho, Jan. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Thunder Mountain Gold, Inc. (Company) (OTC Bulletin Board: THMG; TSX-V: THM), a U.S.-based exploration company focused on discovering and defining high grade, high quality precious and base metal resources, released the final results of the 2010 drilling program at its South Mountain Project, Owyhee County, Idaho which includes the interception of high grade zinc and confirms the extension of the historic ore zones at the South Mountain Mine.
In addition to the five holes drilled into the new intrusive breccia target to the south of the historic mine area, two reverse circulation holes were drilled to test the down-dip extensions of two of the nine historic carbonate-hosted polymetallic ore zones at the historic mine. The last hole, LO 7, which was placed to test the down-dip extension of the Laxey ore shoot, intercepted 25 feet (600-625 feet) of 8.56% zinc and 1.15 ounce per ton (opt) silver. This intercept proves the extension of the Laxey ore zone approximately 120 feet below the maximum depth mined during World War II when over 51,000 tons of sulfide ore were mined and direct shipped to the Anaconda smelter in Utah. The grade of this ore mined over the 800 feet of shaft and stope mining was 15% zinc, 10 opt silver, 0.06 opt gold, 2.3% lead and 0.7% copper.
Drillhole LO 6 was placed to test the down-dip extension of the historic DMEA 2 ore shoot. As previously reported, this hole proved the down-dip extension of the sulfide mineralization to at least 415 feet below the Sonneman Level of the underground workings. This hole cut 30 feet (760-790 feet) of 3.55% zinc, 1.87 opt silver and 0.271% copper, and 15 feet of 0.06 opt gold internal to the 10 foot intercept.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV