NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- We're only a couple weeks into 2011, but tech firms Juniper (JNPR) , Riverbed (RVBD) and Cisco (CSCO) are already emerging as the networking sector's front runners, say analysts.
Trends such as cloud computing, which delivers a host of services over the Internet, spell good news for companies that lay the networking foundations such as switches and routers.
"If you believe in the cloud story and if you believe in Apple (AAPL) moving its base to on-demand and hosting services, you have to buy into the growth of networking," Avi Cohen, an analyst at Avian Securities, told TheStreet.Additionally, service providers are bolstering their networks to cope with the ongoing explosion in data-intensive traffic, which will further impact the companies in this space. Both Riverbed and Juniper hit 52-week highs recently, while Cisco, despite its recent problems, remains the dominant player in networking. Read on for more details on 2011's top networking stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV