(Crumbs IPO report updated with analyst commentary.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Crumbs, the New York City-based cupcake bakery and retail chain will become a publicly traded company, according to reports.
The deal to take Crumbs public through a merger with special-purpose acquisition firm 57th Street General Acquisition values the cupcake chain at $66 million.
A publicly traded Crumbs "will be a growth play" for investors, Michael A. Yoshikami, president and chief investment strategist at YCMNET Advisors, told TheStreet. He expects investor interest to be strong since Crumbs would represent one of the only ways to bet on the cupcake trend through an exchange-traded equity.Revenue is also likely to show strong growth, Yoshikami said, "but [the] real test will come after buzz declines," and the bakery-retailer "must be able to stand on [a] cash flow story."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV