Buick wants to continue the progress that made it the fastest-growing luxury brand in 2010, when sales climbed 52%, making it fourth among luxury brands.
The Verano is "Buick's first ever compact luxury sedan," said Jim Schwegman, U.S. marketing VP. He said the car brings "compact fuel economy in a standard full-sized sedan." It starts at about $30,000.
Jim Federico, chief engineer for Verano, noted "this will be the quietest compact sedan on the market." Buick developed 50 new "quiet enablers," he said, including tougher assembly sealing standards, stiff body structure, thick, acoustic glass and triple door seals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV