Chrysler rolled out the Chrysler 300, as Chrysler brand CEO Oliver Francois proclaimed "You will see what happens when we are backed into a corner. You will see the Chrysler 300 and you will know that we came out swinging."
He said Chrysler has invested more than $1 billion in the car, and that some models will offer an eight-speed transmission with a V-8 engine and fuel efficiency at 30 miles per gallon.
The 300 represents an effort to combine Chrysler's legacy with luxury, said its designer, Ralph Gilles. "This company has been through a lot," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV