CASMED Reports Inducement Grants To VP Of Sales And Marketing Matthew J. Herwig Under NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 5635
BRANFORD, Conn., Jan. 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CAS Medical Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:CASM), announced that on January 7, 2011, the Compensation Committee of its Board of Directors granted an inducement option grant and an inducement restricted stock grant to Mr. Matthew J. Herwig as a component of his employment compensation. This press release is being made pursuant to NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4) related to inducement grants. CASMED previously announced that Mr. Herwig has been appointed Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Mr. Herwig was most recently Vice President of U.S. Marketing for Energy Based Devices at Covidien Healthcare (formerly Tyco Healthcare), a leading global healthcare products company. He had previously held the positions of Director of Global Marketing – Imaging Solutions/Pharmaceuticals, Director of U.S. Marketing – Imaging Solutions, Vice President of Marketing and Sales Training – Nellcor, all during his tenure at Covidien. Prior to those senior leadership positions, Mr. Herwig held various marketing and sales positions for Mallinckrodt, which was purchased by Covidien Healthcare. In addition he worked for Computerized Medical Systems, an Elekta Company, where he was the Vice President of Marketing and North America Sales, and Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company. Mr. Herwig is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University, and is a candidate for an M.B.A. at Webster University.
CASMED is today filing a Form 8-K related to the employment of Mr. Herwig. Please refer to that filing for a full description of the related employment agreement and stock option and restricted stock grants.The Compensation Committee of the CASMED Board of Directors approved the issuance to Mr. Herwig of:
- an inducement option to purchase up to 150,000 shares of CASMED common stock. The exercise price of this option is equal to the closing price of the common stock on January 7, 2011 ($3.16). One-fourth of the option shares vest upon the first anniversary of the grant date, with the remainder vesting in equal monthly installments over the following thirty-six months. The option expires after a term of ten years from the date of grant.
- an inducement restricted stock grant of 25,000 shares. One-fourth of the restricted shares vest upon the first anniversary of the grant date, with the remainder vesting in equal quarterly installments on the first day of the following twelve calendar quarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV